Friday, April 13, 2007

Your Cup's Runnin' Over

Your cup's been runnin' over baby
Is that the way you wanna be

Your cup it's runnin' over baby
Life like that it just ain't free

But just one thing momma
Don't go sloppin' it on me

Your cup's still runnin' over baby
You're runnin' round from place to place

That cup just keeps overflowin,
You're livin' life like it's a race

I just gotta say it momma
That mess you're makin' it's a waste

Bouncing around like you've lost your grip
If you don't take it easy baby you're gonna trip
Carryin' that cup and drinkin' your fill
If you don't slow down momma I swear you're gonna spill

Your cup keeps runnin over baby
instead of more try some less

That cup is positively drippin darlin'
I swear you're makin' such a mess

I just gotta say one more thing momma
Try sayin' no instead of yes

Your cup keeps runnin' over baby
Pretty soon I guarantee

I'll get enough of bein' saturated
So don't go spillin' it on me

Yeah I'm tired of bein' saturated
So quit sloppin' that stuff all over me

1 Comments:

At 4/24/2007 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you have served as a source of inspiration. I tried rhyme, but I don't do that well. It's never been my strong suit. Here they are, but the second is much better.

A Full Cup

I’m holding onto that cup
Drinking more than my fill
That pouring stream is my lifeline
keeps me from sitting still

There’s a hole in me
death chasing me uphill
slipping sand edged
devouring silence chill

Once I’d have turned to face it
freefall into understanding
friendship belaying at my back
come out on firmer landing

But bindings are cut
There is no safety line
I continue scrambling to stay put
struggling not to fall behind.

A Full Cup too

There’s a hole in me
slipping sand edged
Struggling to keep out
It devours my stillness

Death chasing me uphill.
Once I’d have turn to face it,
friendship belaying at my back,
dark freefall to a firmer stand

I know there’s a hole in me
that walking through,
will destroy or gift me
a grain of understanding.

There’s no safe place,
scrambling to hold my ground.
You, face upturned below me
complain of falling sand.

Thanks
mary k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home