Thursday, June 15, 2006

Let Me Carry You


up to the sky again we go
one last climb we’ll take it slow
a burden light within my pack
this time you’re not coming back

first time up you carried me
this time let me carry you

I’ll leave you there on winds of light
soar and dive a bird in flight
never leave your sacred place
forever there infinite space

first time up you carried me
this time let me carry you

I remember what you said
there’s nothing left when you are dead
but Dad I think you got it wrong
you live forever in my song

my whole life you carried me
in my heart I carry you

Eagle Rock, Curecanti Creek Colorado

1 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 2:33 AM, Blogger Kate S. said...

Greg, your song brings tears to my eyes. I've never heard a more beautiful tribute to a father, nor a more perfect way to help him make the next step in his journey. Peace be with both of you.
Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home